'Charlie Brooker meets Salvador Dali' - **** (Buzz Magazine)
HOW TO SURVIVE A PANDEMIC is an irreverent, wildly colourful parody survival manual for anyone experiencing the slow crumbling of their sanity during lockdown. (As long as they don’t mind cartoon genitals.)
Its author/illustrator has been hailed by Eddy Temple Morris as ‘the best cartoonist in the world’*. Unfortunately, at the time he was trying to gain recognition for his music. This book is the latest in his ongoing series of failures, which now include art projects, businesses and personal relationships.
HOW TO SURVIVE A PANDEMIC’s 60 pages include all the advice you will need for the duration (aka the rest of time), helpfully summarised in such pithy truncations as ‘APPRECIATE KEY WORKERS’, ‘PREPARE YOUR MEALS AT HOME’ and ‘FREELY DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO GOVERNMENT AND GLOBAL CORPORATIONS.’ Armed with the information herein, you will finally be able to release yourself from the tyranny of the daily COVID-19 news briefing and return to your work as the globe’s premier furloughed social media influencer. Happy coronavirus!
Praise for Benbo music releases:
- "effortless" (Pigeons & Planes)
- #1 Alternative chart (Indie Shuffle)
- "so catchy it should come with a government health warning" (The Devil Has The Best Tuna)
- "wonderfully surreal" (Joyzine)
- "not boring at all!" (Nick Luscombe, BBC Radio 3)
1st print edition of 24 individually hand-numbered copies now in stock - almost sold out. Can be signed on request.
The print edition includes revisions, additional material and two FREE typographical errors.
First print edition has:
• 68 full colour digitally-printed A5 pages inc covers
• Paper stock: 170gsm recycled (pages), 250gsm matte-laminated silk (covers).
Digital edition has:
• 60 full colour pages plus cover
• Formats available: PDF, Apple Book.